Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Fun

I have discovered a love of pumpkin patches. I never went to one before I had Aria and now I am going to make it a tradition. Already I've found my favorites. Today we went to the one in Buffalo on Hwy 22. I drove past it once because the sign was really small, but I turned around and found it!




The first thing Aria wanted to run to was the gate of ponies. These you couldn't feed or pet, but she sure liked looking at them. There were also tires filled with corn, a barn that was turned into a little kids' straw castle, a moon bounce, and lots of stuff. Aria didn't want to play in the castle or go on the moon bounce. For her it was all about the animals.




Especially the baby cows. There were three of them. Two of them you could feed and another one was in a fence with its mama-who was a longhorn. Aria thought the baby cows were so cute and although she was too afraid to pet them herself, she lived vicariously through me while I petted them and fed them.



This was the goat that was roaming all over the pumpkin patch. Aria was brave enough to pet this one a lot and he followed people around and ate anything that was on the ground.







Aria, naturally, wanted to go on the pony rides. I went to the concession stand to get a ticket and when I told her we were ready for the pony rides she didn't want to wait for me! She just ran as fast as she could there. Lil Stinker.





Pony Rides was the highlight of the whole day. She also enjoyed seeing the bunny that the owner let out a few times. she petted it too and thought it was really cute. So between goats, cows, pony rides, bunnies, and little pigs, Aria had a full day.

There was also a point when a train went by and Aria pointed at it and started waving while yelling at the top of her lungs, "Thomas! Hi, thomas! Hi, Thomas! Hi!" The people who knew the thomas the train reference thought it was cute.

No comments: